Important– Please Read Carefully
This privacy statement is provided by Wesco Electrical Ltd (referred to as 'us', 'our' or 'we' in the statement) for the information of visitors (referred to as 'you' or 'your' in the statement) to our website. We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. By visiting our website, you consent to the use of your information as set out in this privacy statement. We may change our privacy statement at any time. If we change our privacy statement, we will post the changes on this website. Please note that this privacy statement is subject to the terms and conditions of use of the Wesco Electrical Ltd website.
Who we are
Wesco Electrical Ltd is a company registered in Ireland (Company Number 41117) whose registered office is at Industrial Estate, Donore Road, Drogheda, Co. Louth, A92 Y5EH, Republic of Ireland. Registered VAT number is IE9R18355H.
We respect your right to privacy and will only process personal data you provide to us in accordance with the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 and GDPR privacy laws.
If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use personal data, or if you have any other privacy-related questions, please contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not and will not knowingly collect information from any unsupervised person under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you must not use this Website or submit any personal data to us unless you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
The personal data we collect about you
When you make purchases from Wesco Electrical Ltd (including purchases made in-store, we may collect the following personal data about you:
- Your name
- Your billing and delivery postal addresses, phone and e-mail details
- Where you have registered with us, your user name and password
- Where you place an order with us, your payment card details
- Your communication and shopping preferences
- Your browsing and on-line shopping activities
We may also collect some or all of the above personal data about you when you access and browse this Website including when you sign up to receive Wesco Electrical Ltd newsletters.
Wesco Electrical Ltd may collect, store and process your personal data:
- To fulfil and complete your order.
- Contact you in the event that there is an issue with your order.
- To make this Website available to you and to provide you with content which is tailored to your individual tastes
- To maintain any registered account that you hold with us
- With your agreement, to contact you (including by SMS and e-mail) about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you and for customer satisfaction and market research purposes
- To provide our goods and services to you and for associated purposes, including verifying your identity
- For research, analysis, testing, monitoring, risk management and administrative purposes
- For any related purposes, or where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (including for crime and fraud prevention and related purposes)
Wesco Electrical Ltd process online payments using a third party Global Payments (formerly Realex Payments) to ensure the safety of our customers data. Wesco Electrical also use ‘Verified by Visa’ as an added layer of security to prevent fraud and. Information on Global Payments data policy can be found on their company website here
When you place an order with us, we may offer to retain your payment card details for your convenience to save you having to re-enter these details on a future occasion. However, if you prefer that we do not maintain these details, you can go to 'My Account', click on ‘Edit or delete a credit card’ and delete any card information that we hold about you.
Wesco Electrical Ltd will share your contact name, delivery address, telephone number and email address to our shipping partners for the sole purpose of delivering your order, providing you with SMS and email updates and notifications in relation to your delivery. This information will not be retained and used by our shipping partners.
In addition, we may collect anonymised details about visitors to our Website for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymised details that we collect for these purposes. This information is provided using Google Analytics.
In the event that a third party acquires all or part of our business and/or assets, we may disclose your personal data to that third party in connection with the acquisition. We may also disclose your personal data where necessary to comply with applicable law or an order of a governmental or law enforcement body.
E-mail newsletter preferences and text alerts
We provide you with the ability to control whether or not to receive e-mail newsletters or text message. To unsubscribe from an email newsletter, please click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email newsletter you have received from Wesco Electrical Ltd. To stop text alerts, please follow the stop instructions at the bottom of any text alert you have received from Wesco Electrical Ltd.
We will never ask you to confirm any account or credit card details via email or text. If you receive an email or text claiming to be from Wesco Electrical Ltd or The Light House asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
You have the following rights:
- The right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time (aside from the reasonable costs of reproducing the data we will not charge you for providing this information to you and to receive a response within 21 days)
- The right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge
- The right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you
- The right to have any personal data we hold about you erased or blocked within 40 days of the receipt of such a request from you
- The right to request us to cease processing your personal data where such processing is likely to cause substantial distress or damage
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 7 years after your last transaction with the company.
The Website contains links to other websites. Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites, and we recommend you read the privacy statements immediately on entering other websites. Should the other websites not have a privacy statement we recommend you contact the relevant third party directly before using their website. This Privacy Statement applies only to information collected through this website.
Updates to this policy
Please check this page regularly to find out about updates to the policy.